Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Command Center / Bar

Most things in my house serve dual duty...kitchen/dining room, play room/home office/fitness room, Tanner's room/guest bedroom...you get the gist. You've got to do your best to work with what you've got. So, in keeping with our multipurpose trend around here, I've put together my bar and our command center. {Makes it easy to drown the hectic lifestyle stress with a gin and tonic, right?}




We took down our wall organization system last April when we painted the kitchen and living room and have just never put it back up since. I think I was hoping to find another wall somewhere to put it, but I never did. So, after having our bulletin boards and picture frames leaning on a wall in the never-used downstairs bathroom for months now {though I used a couple of the bulletin boards in our kids' art area}, I decided it was finally time to put it all back up. Now that school has started and the paperwork coming home is already piling {it's only been a week!} I knew it was time to get our command center back in business. That wall now also houses our buffet/bar...so I'll just have to make do and live with it. After all, it's best for the command center {and the bar} to be in our kitchen where we are every morning before the day begins {no, no, I don't start every day out with a stiff drink}.




The hanging mesh file baskets are for Tanner and Breckin. Each of them gets one for their misc. paperwork and artwork that I plan on later filing away in their schoolwork storage boxes to forever be cherished. Of course, Breckin doesn't get nearly as much paperwork as Tanner yet.

The calendar is just that - a calendar. I try to keep it up to date with activities and appointments to remember. And the other board is for pinning important things - such as invitations, reminders, etc. and the dry-erase part I like to use for my "Honey-Do" list and other notes to Hubby.




And the bar, well, it's sort of "in progress". I want to add more liquor canters, some cute straws and maybe some San Pellegrino. As you can see, our liquor canters and wine holder are currently empty...you can either see that as us being light drinkers, or us being complete lushes. Your choice.

*Update* - Had a BBQ over Labor Day weekend which forced me to stock the bar a tad...so here are some pics of the canters with actual alcohol in them.







Find Me and Follow on Facebook, BlogLovin' Twitter & Instagram 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...