Thursday, October 4, 2012

Stylish & Tidy Cord Storage

Some of you may know, I used to have a blog called [just had] A Bright Idea where I focused mostly on interior design & decor and some DIY-ing. When I started Style Oyster, I wanted to incorporate those things along with my love of fashion and all things, well, stylish. Unfortunately, leaving that blog for a new url posed it's challenges. I lost the readers I had acccumulated over the 6 months of having the blog as well as the content...but wait, that content is NOT lost! Thanks to Blogger, I was able to move it over to Style Oyster. However, it was a little outdated (the wording in some, etc.) and of course the pictures were all tagged with my JHABI logo (and a few with even older blog logos than that! I had some name change issues...) I am putting this paragraph here as a preface to these posts because even though they are from the past, they are still projects that took a long time and are dear to my heart and I didn't want to lose them when I officially take my old blog off the Internet. So I apologize to those of you who have followed me since [just had] A Bright Idea, as you will be experiencing some deja vu, but I know some of you are new and this may all be new content to you. So bear with me, I plan on posting these once a week until they are all on Style Oyster. Thank you so much, and I do hope you enjoy. xoxo

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


I love gadgets. And computers. And anything that requires electricity to work.

Therefore, I have lots and lots...and LOTS of cords. And those lots of cords were kind of all over the place. In desk drawers, on counters, still plugged into outlets....you get the gist.

Time to intervene and get rid of the tangled mess. Time to ORGANIZE.

Here is my new storage solution for my cords...

First, I found some great cord ties with labels in the Martha Stewart collection that recently hit Staples stores:




Then, I went to wrappin' and labelin' cords:




And I had this great storage box from Wal-Mart ($5.00) that came equipped with a separator...perfect for separating the cords by type. I also used my Dymo labeler to label the sections. And VOILA! Here is the finished project:




This tucks away nicely in my guest room closet. Of course it has a lid too!

How do you store your cords?


Find me and follow on Facebook, Twitter & Instagram 
Add my RSS Feed to your Reader

4 comments:

Kristin@ The O.C.D. Life said...

I love the fabric you have in your top picture. I am actually thinking about purchasing it to make kitchen curtains. :) Very good job on your cord storage too. Cord storage is on my list of things to do.

xoxo
Kristin
theocdlifestyle.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Thanks for that awesome posting. Useful, and it saved MUCH time! :-)

Morgan S. said...

Thanks, Kristin! I actually bought the curtains and pillow covers in that fabric off of Etsy. I think it was a Very Jane deal at the time. I can't decide whether to use them in my office, kitchen or living room!

city said...

thanks for sharing.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...